Summer is coming to a close, so make sure you enjoy the warm weather and sunshine by celebrating Labor Day the right way. Below you will find fantastic craft and décor ideas, an assortment of scrumptious recipes, and tons of outdoor activities.
Creative Labor Day Décor
Get crafting and tap into your creative side with these excellent décor and outdoor design ideas.
- It’s time to upcycle! Use old glass vases or mason jars to create starry candle holders. Place star-shaped stickers on the outside of a clear vase or mason jar and spray paint the vase with a color of your choosing. Once the paint has dried, remove the stickers and place a candle in the center of the vase. The light will shine through the stars and create a beautiful ambiance.
- Check out these red, white, and blue decorating ideas to make your home super stylish.
- Transform old tin cans into stylish decorative vases. Paint the outside of the cans or jars with red and blue stripes, and once it dries, you can glue white stars onto the outside. Use the cans as centerpieces and place flowers or utensils in them.
- Turn your balcony into an outdoor oasis using these tips and tricks.
- Create red, white, and blue band sand candles that are perfect for a patriotic centerpiece.
- Spruce up your pillows and give your plain white pillows a facelift. Cut a star shape out of cardboard and use it as a stencil. Hold the stencil against the pillow and spray around it with red or blue fabric paint. The result will be pillows that will leave you starry-eyed.
- Uncover how to transform your patio into an incredible gathering space.
The recipes below will result in happy stomachs.
- Grab a toothpick and get ready to enjoy these scrumptious small bites.
- Fresh and easy to make, your guests will love this cilantro cucumber-melon salad.
- Perfect pesto! From sun-dried tomato pesto to basil pesto, you can’t go wrong with any of the following quick and easy pesto recipes.
- This buffalo-style spicy chicken sandwich is finger-licking good.
- You’re bacon me crazy with this maple-bacon corn on the cob recipe.
- These healthy labor day recipes will keep you satisfied.
- Dig into this berry delicious and berry refreshing blueberry ice cream pie.
- If you’re in the baking mood, try making a three-layered funfetti cake with a Labor Day twist. You will need to make three cakes that are the same size. Add red food coloring into one, blue into another, and leave the third as is. Once the cakes have all cooled, stack them together using your favorite icing. When you cut into the cake, you will have a red, white, and blue surprise!
- If you’re feeling patriotic, this red, white, and blue tart is tasty and quick to make.
- Cheers to an assortment of fresh garden cocktail recipes.
- Bake a strawberry or raspberry pie, but fill about 1/4 of the pie with yummy blueberries. Cut stripes out of a pie crust and place them across about ¾ of the pie. Cut out a few stars from the remaining pie crust and place them on the blueberry section, the ¼ that doesn’t have stripes. The entire pie will resemble an American flag.
All Around Fun Activities
Discover a variety of games and activities that will result in lots of fun.
- Let the games begin! Discover fun outdoor yard games your friends and family will enjoy.
- Learn about why we celebrate Labor Day and the deep significance behind the day.
- Discover tips for hosting a small-scale celebration, so you can enjoy the day off successfully.
- Cornhole is a great backyard game that everyone can play. Make your very own cornhole boards to take your barbeques and tailgates up a notch.
- Learn how to create a cinema in your backyard, so you can watch your favorite movies under the stars.