Throw the ultimate BBQ! Below you will find scrumptious recipes and cocktail concoctions that will be sure to make your heart and stomach sing. There are also incredible ways to design your outdoor space and games that people of all ages will enjoy playing.
Finger-licking BBQ Recipes
- For an appetizer, whip up this arugula walnut pesto that would be great on top of crostini.
- Carnivores aren’t the only ones who can relish in a good day of grilling. Veggie lovers will enjoy these grilled vegetarian recipes. Also, these crowd-pleasing kabobs are just right for backyard barbecues.
- Beans, beans they’re good your heart, from this dish you will not part. Discover the best baked beans
- I know it’s corny, but nothing can beat these corn on the cob toppers.
- An outdoor barbeque without watermelon is simply melon-cholic. Discover tons of mouthwatering watermelon recipes perfect for summer days and nights.
- These BBQ rub recipes will rub everyone the right way.
- Tis the season and summer for smokey flavors. Learn how to make a smoker using your gas or charcoal grill.
- We have a lot of “ketching” up to do. Here are the best grilling recipes so you can “meat” up with your friends for delicious food and fun.
- A few days before your BBQ, fill a few containers with water and place them in the freezer. You can place the large ice blocks under dips and other food that needs to stay cold to keep them from spoiling.
- Label your food, so people don’t have to ask you what’s in everything. Take bright paper and cut out long triangles. Glue the triangle to the top of a toothpick, so it looks like a small flag. You can then use a sharpie or pen to write “vegetarian chili” or “spicy ribs” on the flag, so everyone knows what they are digging into.
Cocktail and Drink Concoctions
- Every BBQ needs some southern sweet tea.
- Sip on this berry delicious blueberry mojito.
- Mama Mia this is a good margarita! This tequila sunrise margarita will leave a smile on anyone’s face.
- With or without alcohol, this cucumber ginger cocktail is incredibly refreshing and incredibly delicious.
- These are the perfect fresh garden and watermelon cocktail recipes.
Backyard BBQ Preparation and Décor
- Uncover tips and tricks on how to outfit your outdoor living area for summer. Whether you have a large yard or a small patio, these tips can help you appreciate and enjoy your outdoor space.
- A great way to serve your sliders is on a natural wooden serving tray that provides a rustic and stylish touch.
- Create a beautiful outdoor dining area with décor found around your home. Grab a few old planters and plastic pots and fill them with succulents, herbs, or flowers. Then wrap them with fabric, paper, or burlap to transform them into rustic centerpieces.
- Get inspired and create the perfect porch and patio dining.
- For a bright and colorful centerpiece fill a large clear vase with lemons and water. For an extra pop you can add flowers.
- Hang string lights or place tiki torches around the yard to create a fun and relaxed vibe. Tiki torches are easy to install, affordable, and can even help repel mosquitos. While they create the perfect ambiance, make sure there is at least 6ft of clearance on all sides, and they are firmly placed into the ground.
Fun Activities for your BBQ
- Once your tummies are full of delicious food and the BBQ sauce is wiped off your hands, check out these fun outdoor yard games.
- Make an outdoor photobooth! Use a wooden fence or greenery as a backdrop. Use construction paper to cut out fun and silly props such as mustaches, funny hats, and then glue the end to chopsticks or wooden dowels.
- Build your very own cornhole boards and have fun in the sun with your family and friends.
- Learn how to play croquet for a great outdoor party. It’s fun, everyone can play, and you won’t get super sweaty playing before eating.
- Discover how to create a backyard cinema so you and your guests can watch the game or a movie in the beautiful outdoors.